About Love a Stray!
Love-A-Stray is a non-profit, all volunteer, no-kill organization dedicated to helping homeless animals.
Since Love-A-Stray doesn't have a "physical" shelter and our animals are housed in foster homes, we do not have some of the usual operating expenses that would be required for a shelter. Consequently adoption fees, fundraising efforts, and donations go directly to a great cause - the animals! Our four fold mission is to:
- Lessen pet overpopulation by sterilizing adoptable animals and employing aggressive low-cost spay/neuter programs in an effort to provide financial assistance for families who otherwise would not be able to sterilize their pet.
- Offer housing for unwanted, homeless animals and when necessary, provide medical treatment including emergency veterinary care.
- Value the life of all rescue animals by providing innovative behavior rehabilitation, when applicable, and placing them from nurturing foster families into loving, compatible, permanent homes.
- Educate the public on the importance of being an advocate for animals emphasizing humane treatment and sterilization.
Current Wish List
Please consider donating a gift card from Costco, Petco, Petpeople or Petsmart to Love-A-Stray. A gift card allows us to get what is needed at the time to care for our rescued dogs. Other specific items we need are:
- Dry Dog Food / Costco's Kirtland' Chicken & Rice
- Paper Towels
- Anti-bacterial Wipes
- Large Trash Bags
- Latex gloves (large)
- Large dog crates